Populist Caucus: Strengthening the Middle Class
The middle class is the economic engine of America. Unfortunately, it has seen tough economic times lately, and it's time for a renewed emphasis on those issues that serve to strengthen the middle class and improve the lives of working families. That's why I established the Populist Caucus to focus exclusively on these types of issues. We invite you to join us in our efforts to fight for working families and the middle class.
Populist Caucus Platform
- Fighting for working families and the middle class by creating and retaining good-paying jobs in America, providing fair wages, proper benefits, a level playing field at the negotiating table, and ensuring American workers have secure, solvent retirement plans.
- Cutting taxes for the middle class and establishing an equitable tax structure.
- Providing affordable, accessible, quality health care for all Americans.
- Ensuring quality primary education for all American children, and affordable college education for all who want it.
- Defending American competiveness by fighting for fair trade principles.
- Protecting consumers, so that Americans can have faith in the safety and effectiveness of the products they purchase
Rep. Bruce Braley, Founder & Chairman
Rep. Peter DeFazio, Vice Chair of Communications
Rep. Rosa DeLauro, Whip Vice Chair
Rep. Betty Sutton, Vice Chair of Recruitment and Member Outreach
Rep. Donna Edwards, New Media Vice Chair
Rep. Leonard Boswell
Rep. David Loebsack
Rep. Steve Cohen
Rep. Peter Welch
Rep. Keith Ellison
Rep. Mazie K. Hirono
Rep. Linda Sanchez
Rep. Hank Johnson
Rep. John Yarmuth
Rep. Joe Courtney
Rep. Bob Filner
Rep. Michael Michaud
Rep. Jan Schakowsky
Rep. Louise Slaughter
Rep. Rep. Lloyd Doggett
Rep. Marcy Kaptur
Rep. Ben Ray Luján Jr.
Rep. Henry Waxman
Rep. Jackie Speier
Rep. Brad Sherman
Rep. Dan Lipinski
Rep. John Garamendi
Rep. Paul Tonko